Rhymetimes are an excellent opportunity for parents and carers
Beauty - your telltale signs of age!
Spring has sprung beauty bloggers! But if you're feeling more old turkey than Spring chicken read on for my anti-ageing face map and guide to fixing those pesky telltale signs of age:
- The dreaded turkey neck - they say this gives a woman's age away even if her face is younger looking! Ageing causes fat loss in this area and the bands of muscle start to show. Look for specific neck creams that have ‘lifting', ‘tightening' and ‘plumping' in the title. Also check out the ingredient list and look for marine extracts and peptides.
- Crow's feet - as we age collagen weakens, and as we repetitively frown, yawn and smile wrinkles start to form. When choosing an anti-wrinkle product look for retinol and hyaluronic acid. Also wear big sunglasses! They protect a larger area from the sun and stop you squinting - also you'll look very Jackie O'!
- Eye bags - some people just have more fat here than others, and as gravity takes effect the fat shifts and drops - hence the eye bag. Look for cooling gels that contain caffeine, and gently press your product around the eye socket with fingertips to improve circulation. Ruthy recommends Soap & Glory Eye Maintainence with Swiftlift Technology, which claims to have an instant effect. I've also heard rave reviews about the tinted, caffeine infused Garnier roll-on product, but have yet to try it myself!
- Crepey cleavage - this is a very neglected area, which leads to uneven skin tone and those ageing lines running down the chest. Simply take all the products you use on your face right down the chest. Use UV protection and at least SPF 15. Look for specific firming bust gels or creams. Ruthy recommends Avon Solutions Body Liquid Bra Lifting Gel.
- Lined mouth - smoking and sun worship lead to a mouth that looks like it's permanently sucking a lemon! Moisturise, moisturise, and moisturise! Look for products containing vitamin E and collagen. Try swapping from lipstick to gloss, as it doesn't bleed, and the shiny texture will make lips look plumper and younger.
- Spotty hands - brown spots are caused by sun damage. Exfoliate and moisturise hands regularly just as you would your face. Keep some scrub and cream by the sink and you'll get into the habit. Also when applying sunscreen sweep the remainder over the backs of hands. Ruthy recommends Neutrogena Norwegian Anti-Age SPF 25 Hand Cream (well actually my Mum does!) - available at Boots and other chemists.
Don't forget your lifestyle will show on your face! So get into a good daily routine and you'll soon look ten years younger. Until next month, your resident beauty expert, Ruth Lyons x
Local Beauty Therapist - Ballyclare, Newtownabbey